Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Flea food

What people usually say here to celebrate new week? Nothing, they just buy another coffee.

Yeah, about coffee. Seems like everybody's drinking it everywhere so I am obsessed with it too. I don't care which coffee brand is it: Tim Hortons, Starbucks, Second Cup, McDonald's or any other cheap opponent. I just need to drink it even if I don't really need to. That's kind of annoying but anyway...





Yeah, and speaking of coffee how can I not mention food? :)
I am pretty much omnivorous so I like tacos in Chipotle as well as sushi rolls in Gonoe. And how can we not mention fast food? Actually I've been to McD's twice since I came here and it's not because I'm that picky it's just the location of McD's. Haven't been to Wendy's though and Egglicious too.
My biggest epic meal time happened on new year with Glavproduct condensed milk and pancakes and with salad "herring under shuba". Lol. My translation professor would've killed me right now or slapped with Arakin's book or whatever.

That's what I ended up eating here. Guilty, but can't help, it's just soooooo gooooood. Forget about those dudes with holes in the center, that thing with creamy guts is dirty tasty. 





Also, there are some more photo from end of Dec - beginning of Jan. They kinda fuzzy and blurred 'cause I walked and took pictures, yeah, I'm a great photographer, I know, but what the hell :)

 Eaton centre had this gigantic deer with guts made of ribbons. 



Bus stop ad. I love it.


December snow. 


Night life, lol. 


You guys might think that I live in this kind of area but it's not true. I'm so remote of all that bright lights that I actually ended up in another city which is actually not really a city itself, but a remote region of the Toronto. I'm in GTA just to say simple. I WISH I would end up in Grand Theft Auto but I'm just in Greater Toronto Area, particularly in Etobicoke. You can google if you want, but nothing fun's happening here yet. So I have to travel to downtown via bus and subway and it usually takes about 1 - 1.5 hours to get me from point A to point B. Depends on the point B actually. 


Also, this sunday I wasted on a trip to Dr. Flea's Flea Market. And the trip took me much longer than the whole observing of stuff in the market. I just can't describe what I saw 'cause I'm lacking the right words but at least I can say that I'm not going there anymore and you shouldn't, really. If only you want crowds of people and cheap stuff and some piece of gangsta jewelry of snapbacks for $20-$30. I was like NO THANK YOU. Here you can say something like "Well, what did you expect? It's a flea market" and you'll be totally right. I should've expect nothing from a place like this. It's like hello, we're not in Europe where you can find good stuff on flea markets. Next time I want some experience like this I should just go straight to kensington market or st. lawrence market. At least it's not that far from downtown. I was disappointed to say the least.

And at this point I would like to wish you be safe on roads and to drink responsibly lol. It's not a joke though.

Be good and let the good stuff come back to you!
Peace!




No comments:

Post a Comment